Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Painted Silk Scarves made in New Bern

Welcome to Heidi DiBella one of our newest artists!

Heidi paints on silk and her scarves are beautiful!

"With all my artwork, I paint loose with a lot of color. I love to pour on primary colors & watch them flow together. The traditional method of Serti painting using a frame, paintbrush and resist that blocked the flow of dye was too restrictive for me. 

Applying different watercolor techniques to the wet material allowed the dye colors to flow & blend together creating a variety of colors.  Other techniques create texture, shapes & designs. After the dye is set, I can decide if I want to add more to the scarf like hand painting, stamping or drawing a design. Each scarf is unique & no two scarves are the same."

No comments:

Post a Comment