Friday, January 28, 2011

Spring Historic Homes and Gardens Tour poster and other things


I just finished this poster for the Spring Historic Homes & Gardens Tour. The drop shadow on my painting isn't that big (don't know why it's showing up that way here), but you get the idea.

As we have done for the past four or five years we will have a reception for the public and the tour ticket holders at Carolina Creations on Friday evening, April 8th from 4-7 pm. 

I always do tiles of all the homes on the tour and try to have a few new paintings of town for the tour as well. Haven't had any time to paint this year yet (other than to do the painting for this poster), but will soon.

We just got back from a show in Orlando where I sat on a panel about social media and gave a table talk about blogging for our Craft Retailers Association, will go to NY soon, will talk about blogging there too (for the LAST TIME - I AM RESIGNING FROM THAT DUTY!!!), did a talk at the Main Street Conference representing New Bern, have a follow up meeting about Christmas and hope to put plans in place for others to take on more of the responsibility for the Dickens of a Christmas in Downtown New Bern. Off to Philly for another show then HOME!!

Then I am going to paint and do some sculpture. I have a one person show at the NC Crafts Gallery in Carrboro in May and of course want to do new work for our own gallery. I've got lots of ideas, so need to get busy.

My goal for this year is to disengage from some of the things that take time away from my own business and artwork. Wish me luck!

We do have a  vacation coming up in the keys where I plan to get a lot of ideas on paper and maybe even get a few paintings finished.

We walk a tightrope between running our business and creating. We love both, wish there were more hours in the day.

Looking forward to a great year with more time to create.

Janet Francoeur
Carolina Creations
Downtown New Bern, NC

No comments:

Post a Comment