Sunday, January 09, 2011

Highlights of 2010

January is the month I look back at the year before and look forward to the next year.

These are some of the things I like to examine

- What went right
- what went wrong
- what to do better
- how to have more time to paint and pot
- what projects I completed
- what projects to plan
- plan shows for the coming year
- what shows were successful last year what ones not
- do we need to have more pottery, glass, bags, scarves, jewelry?
- what artists to add (unfortunately usually have to drop some too)

Just off the top of my head some of the highlights of last year were

- our 300th celebration was a roaring success
- we started a rewards program that has been very popular
- for our garden show we brought in 6 new artists - 3 of whom we continue to represent
- the clay workshop with Justine was a huge success and we will do another with her this year
- Carol Tokarski and I had a show together and sold quite a few paintings
- THE BRIDGE OPENED!!
- We had a great vacation in the keys and are going to do it again this year!
- My artwork was on the brochure and poster for the spring home tour and will be again this year
- we celebrated 20 years in business in Downtown New Bern
- We were named favorite shop in New Bern in the Washington Post
- I painted in oils and acrylics more this year
- I was honored to created gifts for the Swiss dignataries
- We won best place to buy art and gifts in New Bern
- I zoomed all over the country giving talks on blogging
- The North Carolina History Center opened
- I made the front page of the Sun Journal!
- Michael turned 65!
- business in 2010 was better than 2009

I always want to top the year before not only in sales but accomplishments. If I publish what I want to accomplish here then I guess I have to be accountable so I'm going to spend a few days thinking about that list before I put it here!

Jan Francoeur

No comments:

Post a Comment