Sunday, May 04, 2008

Kayaking this morning

I went kayaking this morning. It was beautiful. Did you know that there is a paddle trail system and the maps are on the Craven County website?

I most often go on trail number 9 because I can roll my kayak across the street and put in at the end of Pollock Street behind the Galley Store.

I went down to the railroad track and then back around Union Point and checked out the bridge.

Can you beleive that it's been almost a year that the bridge has been closed?

I've kind of gotten used to it but will be glad when it's back open. At a Swiss Bear Board Meeting the local engineer from DOT said that the bridge is ahead of schedule.

I was pretty impressed with what I saw this morning. On the James City end they are starting to put the decking on. I looked on the DOT website and it said the scheduled progress as 31% done and in actuality they are 33.18% done. So there is a long way to go yet.

Here is a photo of it that was taken by Charlie Hall of the Sun Journal.

Ciao
Jan




No comments:

Post a Comment