Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Congratulations!

Michael turned 65 this week! We took the afternoon off and went down to the beach. Had dinner on the waterfront.

It seems we had dinner in this exact spot last year!

While we were there we watched some of the boats from the Big Rock Tournament come in.

Like a dummy I thought the Big Rock was just a name, in fact it is a spot on the reef. I think it's about 60 mikes off shore.

This tournament is a big deal! The purse is around $1,750,000.

I was pleased to hear a lot of it is catch and release.

They fish for marlin, Tuna, Dolphin (Mahi Mahi not flipper) and other gamefish.




While we were there we took my favorite drive down front street to see the live oaks. Today I'm going to start an oil painting of this area for my upcoming show.





It won't be long before our new waterfront restaurant Persimmons, at the end of Pollock Street, right across the street from our house, will be open.




I'll be having a one person show in September of mostly New Bern paintings and I'll be doing a painting of this scene for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment