Friday, June 20, 2008

New New Bern paintings finally!



It seems like months ago I started these paintings!

It's not like I haven't been painting and making things, there are just not enough hours in the day to do everything I want to do.

A while back I showed the start of these here , to see that blog entry click here.

The colors are the same in each of these two pieces, the photographs just look a little different.

These paintings are about 24 x 40 each. I'll probably do some prints of them.

They will be in our new show that we'll hang on the last day of June.

In addition to my work we'll have new paintings by Mary Page Whitley, Brenda Behr, Janet Dixon, T Rader and others. The official show opening will be during the ArtWalk Downtown New Bern, on Friday, July 11 from 5-8 pm.

I'll be telling you more about some of the other artists in the show in the next week or so.

Tomorrow I'm off to a show at River Dunes. I haven't done an outdoor show in about 15 years!

Brenda Behr will do a demonstration of her watercolor plein air paintings and Karen Dodd will be at Carolina Creations signing her new book "Begin Again Quinn", read about it by clicking here.

To order the book just give us a call at 252-633-4369 and we'll ship it right out.

We always have refreshments and it's a great time to see your neighbors. Another thing it's great for - it's one of the few times we have both husbands and wives in the gallery at the same time, we hear a lot of "honey if you want to buy me a present......" and we'll often see the spouse back later in the week.

We see friends enjoying the evening together and have witnessed more than once "I haven't seen you in 25 years! What are you doing in New Bern?" And the conversation goes on that both couples were from Pittsburgh, New York, Philly, you pick, and both couples moved here unbeknown to the other only to meet again at Carolina Creations. We love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment