Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Wow! Where does the time go?


We've been very busy getting ready for this weekend with the home tour, ArtWalk, demos at the Gallery! But in my spare time I've been working on a pair of paintings of our waterfront.

They don't look like much at this point, the way I paint in watercolor is kind of like watching grass grown. I sketch out my scene, then slowly build up the color.

I may work on these paintings some during the home tour.

I've done quite a few paintings of the waterfront but this time I've included a several things I've never featured before. Like, the Galley Store at the base of Pollock Street, you'll see just a corner of my house, and the Ada Mae North Carolina Skipjack that has been docked by the Galley Store.















You can barely see the outline of the skipjack in the foreground.

Also I normally do horizontal paintings of the waterfront, these are two verticals.

In the second painting you'll see the trolley, the steeple of the fire hall and I've never shown the watertower before.

There is SO MUCH to paint in New Bern, there just aren't enough hours in the day.

I'll try to post more photos as these paintings progress.

An update on the wall sculpture. Well it won't be done by the home tour, I am firing the first pieces right now. Since our kilns are fairly small it will take me quite a while to get it all fired.

No comments:

Post a Comment