1. You Embrace the Unique - You want your home to be a unique reflection of yourself... It makes sense that you buy something handmade, rich with character and a sense of place.
|Clay Sculpture by Vicki Sutton|
2. You Nurture Community - We all like to support local businesses and causes. Your craft purchase helps us to build strong relationships within our community.
|Ceramics by Jan Francoeur|
3. You Vote for Quality - We support the best quality handmade products that meet our guidelines, for the best in local craft. We stand behind our local craft products as being safe, well made and well designed.
|Tiles by Jan Francoeur|
4. You Keep Dollars in Our Economy - Nearly every cent you spent stays in this community. Our craft producers are from the region — many of whom use locally sourced materials!
|Clocks by Sabbath|
5. You Invest in Local Jobs - You are helping to create jobs in your community and region. The local retailer and craftsperson are often self-employed entrepreneurs, employing themselves and others, many in small towns and rural communities throughout the region.
|Cutting Boards by Sabbath|
6. You Help the Environment - Buying from a local business conserves energy and resources in the form of less fuel for transportation and packaging.
|tiny pots by Carolyn Curran|
7. You Create More Choice - The nature of being handmade by local craftspeople, in not being mass-produced, are better able to respond to what you want and like.
|Painting by Brenda Behr Pottery by Ray|
8. You Make Dreams Come True - Local craft retailers and supporters are passionate about life and community... so are our craftspeople. More than anything else, craftspeople want to pursue their dreams of a creative life in their studio and workshop.
|Felted Sculptures by Gayle George|
9. You Support Local Entrepreneurship - Creativity and resourcefulness are a key to successful creative economies. Small businesses are paramount to making that happen.
|Woven scarves by Jane Wilson|
10. You Reinforce Local Destinations - The more memorable and unique we are as a place and people, the more we will attract new neighbors, visitors and guests to our local retailers and craft studios. This benefits everyone!
|Fused Glass by Stan Harmon|