Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas at Carolina Creations this year and we're looking forward to the coming week!

This week we'll see the families of our wonderful customers and friends from all over the country.

Thank you to everyone on our Christmas Committee who helped make this the best ever Dickens of a Christmas in Downtown New Bern.  Me (Janet Francoeur, Carolina Creations), Lisa Edwards, - Salem & Associates,, Joan Ziemba - The Accidental Artist, Vicki Vitale - New Bern ArtWorks, Greg Smith - Mitchell Hardware, Bob Klein - The Haymaker's Wife, Rick Lang - Twice as Nice, Darlene Brown - New Bern Area Chamber of Commerce, Carol Tokarski - Craven County Council for the Arts, Nancy Fisher - Salvation Army, Mary Davidson - The Four C's.

I've posted photos on our Downtown New Bern, NC Blog of scenes around our beautiful Downtown this Christmas. Click here to see the photos.

For me the next few months is probably my favorite time of the year. It's when I get to do some painting of things I want to paint, we go on a winter vacation - this year to the Florida Keys, and it's all around just a low key three months until things start picking up again in April.

Some of the projects I am going to work on - a painting for the Spring Home Tour, I have a show in Carrboro in May so am going to do some local paintings for that of Carrboro, Chapel Hill, Durham and Raleigh, I'm scheduling a show for myself at Carolina Creations for November,  some new New Bern souviners, some new clay projects including some more garden sculpture - hmmm doesn't sound too low key now that I write it down!

I also will be doing a presentation in NYC in February on blogging and we'll be going to some shows in Orlando, NYC and Philadelphia.

Merry Christmas to you all!

Jan Francoeur 

No comments:

Post a Comment