Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Beeswax Luminaries

I belong to the Craft Retailers and Artists for Tomorrow association (CRAFT) and one of the best things about it is that I have made friends with folks that own galleries similar to ours all over the country. We meet regularly at shows and you never know where you're going to run into each other.

I was in a gallery in another town a couple weeks ago and lo and behold a friend who has a gallery in Florida was there too!  "What other galleries have you been in I shouldn't miss" we asked each other. We LOVE to see what other people are doing, how they display things and frankly we love shopping for art.

She also said she was going to a show and I told her to look for the metal and rock birds we'd been selling. In turn she asked if I had seen these beautiful beeswax luminaries. I hadn't and immediately came home and called the artist on the phone.

They are spectacular beeswax globes with natural dried botanicals embedded in the shell. When back-lit by a candle the florals and the wonderful honey aroma truly reveal the glory of these unique objects.

Each luminary is hand crafted, signed and dated.

They make a beautiful gift and are well priced at $17 and come with 8 different types of flowers including our State Flower the Dogwood. You can order right here!

No comments:

Post a Comment