Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Sculpture for 229 East Front Street













Now that we're getting settled into our new house we're getting anxious to decorate it with our own art.










I started working with clay about 10 years ago and some of you may remember a series of clay towers I did a few years back. I've always loved to do sculpture but in our old studio and house we didn't really have much room.

That's all changed! Today I started a wall sculpture that will hang to the left of our front door. My goal is to have it hanging before the home tour (which our home is on) April 11 & 12.

Above is a photo of Michael with my pattern. Photo number 2 is is a closeup of part of it.

The last photo shows the border. I'm working with 1/2" thick sculpture clay, I've made supports and will cover the supports with strips of clay. This border will look like bark (I hope!)

No comments:

Post a Comment