Saturday, March 05, 2011

March 2011 Newsletter and Slow Blogging

Our March newsletter is hot off the press (so to speak)!  If you don't get it in the email here is a link   March Carolina Creations Newsletter.

We've been gone more this year in a concentrated period of time than we've been gone in 20 years! Three shows, looking for fabulous new work for the gallery, then a much needed vacation to the Keys.

While gone I DID get a painting finished I started a couple years ago.

It seems I've spent a lot of time the past few years doing work for other organizations which has cut into my painting time (I think I talked about that in an earlier blog post). I've scheduled a show at the NC Crafts Gallery in May so need to get busy doing work for that, we have the home tour in April which I always like to have new work for as well as tiles of all the buildings on the tour.

I've just laid out a watercolor of Craven Street from Mitchell Hardware to the Courthouse, I'm anxious to get started on. I'll post the sketch and photos as that progresses. I'm rested up and excited to be painting!!

Jan Francoeur

No comments:

Post a Comment