Friday, August 27, 2010

New Work for my show An Artist Paints New Bern 20 Years

I've really enjoyed this summer, I've let a lot of things go and have been concentrating on painting and developing a style with my oil paintings. I realize I am NOT a plein air painter, I'm a studio artist.

I think if I could sit inside my vw bus and paint then I would possibly paint on site more but I like to get swept up in my painting and carried away. When painting on site people are always stopping to look and talk, which is nice but I loose my concentration.

Don't get me wrong, I like talking to people, I do it every day at Carolina Creations but when I'm painting it's like doing a puzzle and I need to be able to think about what comes next.

I'll post the rest when I get photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment