Friday, July 10, 2009

Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens Follow Up





























A week or so ago I wrote about visiting the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden, Belmont, NC, south of Charlotte.

Here is the layout of the garden, the garden is HUGE and beautifully kept. The building on the left in the map of the garden is the Orchid Conservatory. This conservatory was the thing I had heard about and wanted to see. The rest of the huge garden was a bonus.
This garden consists of 380 acres of meadows, woodlands and lakefront property. Built by Daniel Stowe, a retired textile executive, it was started in 1991 and currently there are over 110 acres in cultivation.
Most of the photos I've posted were taken inside the conservatory.

Put it on your "to see" list.

Here is a link to their website. Daniel Stowe

But - Daniel Stowe doesn't have too much on New Bern, my next post will be photos I took on July 9th on Pollock Street in Downtown New Bern.

No comments:

Post a Comment