Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Dina Wilde-Ramsing





One of my all time favorite ceramic artists, Dina Wilde-Ramsing is participating in our "Circle of Eight" pottery show we have coming up in July and August.

She is one of the few artists I have multiple pieces of in my own collection, 7 pieces I think and I've taken a couple workshops with her.
So I'm really excited that we'll be representing Dina in New Bern.

Dina talks about herself and her work. "I have been a potter for 25 years, and my affection for clay is very strong. I take great pleasure in being tied to the long stretch of artistic tradition which clay represents.

Although my work is contemporary in design, it carries the influence of geology, history, archaeology.
I make many types of clay work, some of which are purely decorative. However, I consider the content of my serious work to be narrative, figurative, and personally symbolic. I would like for these symbols to establish an intimate connection between the viewer and myself. Animal and architectural imagery in my work refers to the search for sanctuary, support, and comfort, forces which shelter and transport us through life.

Biography

Dina Wilde-Ramsing, born in Asheville, NC, holds a BA in anthropology from UNC-CH and a BS from ECU. Her teaching experience includes workshops, public schools and 16 years as ceramic instructor at Cape Fear Community College.

She has been a professional artist since 1985 and currently maintains her studio Wilmington, NC. She exhibits regularly in galleries and institutions along the east coast.

We hope you'll stop in and see her work or purchase online.

No comments:

Post a Comment