Thursday, March 12, 2009

Very cute nightlights and clocks!


We have been working on expanding our baby section. A couple days ago I showed here the new "onesies" that we found and today these cute clocks and nightlights just came.

These pieces are created by artists Bruce Allison
and Jill Mayberg from their original paintings.


Jill Mayberg -
One of my oldest childhood memories are the thin, handmade, paper dolls from newspaper that my brother made for me.
I don't really remember what they look like now and maybe it's better that I don't because they probably wouldn't live up to my minds version of them but I think that this series of girl, doll paintings were born from this lovely gift to me as a child.
I paint because it gives me an opportunity to express myself and derive spiritual meaning.Very often I have no idea where an image comes from and am amazed at what I am capable of coming up with.Many times I start out with the intention of painting a particular image, color, or theme and am thwarted by unknown forces. Albeit frustrating at times, I embrace this element of the unknown.If the painting doesn't want to be red who am I to insist? "
Their work has been featured on HGTV, Womens World, Accessories Magazine as well as many other publications.

Very cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment