Saturday, June 10, 2017

A Tour of Italy Installment 9 Rome

Walking from our hotel again, I visited many of the cities fountains and Piazza's, did some window shopping and stopped for some gelato!

The Trevi Fountain, built in 1762 - and yes I threw a coin over my shoulder to assure that I'll return to Rome.









The Fiumi Fountain was finished 1651. The fountains, in addition to being beautiful, provided water for the neighborhoods.


On the same Piazza Navono was this restaurant, I may have to do a painting of this!






The Spanish Steps, sadly with no flowers, still impressive - I did NOT climb them!



I stopped at this beautiful restaurant and bar for gelato (my favorite is lemon) and a cappuccino.


Again I don’t usually take photos of my food but I could not help it!


I don't know what that red & blue thing was but it was yummy!





The Pantheon, in continuous for almost 2000 years.





Fountain San Rocco


Next post - last day in Rome!





No comments:

Post a Comment