Tuesday, March 28, 2017

On the Road to Hot Springs and Gulf Shores Part 3

I left Hot Springs and drove to Vicksburg, and got my 2nd National Park Stamp at the Vicksburg National Military Park.

Then drove to Natchez and saw some of the beautiful homes.


There was a park that took my breath away, as soon as I have time I'll have to do a painting of it. The photos don't do it justice.



The National Park there is the William Johnson House. The story is about William Johnson who was born a slave, was free, and later owned slaves himself. 

I also visited Mobile.


Then headed to Gulf Shores stopping in the cute town of Fairhope.

The beach there was beautiful - I went to Ft Morgan at the end of the road. 


Here is an aerial photo I borrowed from the tourist information site.


Sadly it was time to head home and on the way I stopped at Tuskegee. The University there is beautiful. Many notables are connected with the University - Booker T. Washington was the first teacher. 

The Tuskegee Airmen Museum at the airport was very interesting and the movie was very moving. It talked about the struggles and sacrifice these men went through.


The next day I drove home to await the next trip!





No comments:

Post a Comment