Sunday, November 16, 2014

Collage and Calligraphy


Our feature wall at Carolina Creations this month includes work by Kathleen Master, myself Jan Francoeur, Brian Andreas, Mary Anne Radmacher, and Martha Johnson.

The show is called "Calligraphy and Collage" opened during ArtWalk.

Kathleen is a self taught, mixed media, North Carolina artist who uses acid etched copper and formed clay on salt resist silk and cotten with natural organics to create one-of-a-kind pieces.

"I love the tooth and texture of different papers and fabrics and the way they take paint and dye.
 
My parents encouraged me as a child to create, they would bring boxes of discarded materials for me to use in my projects! I have worked with mixed media and collage ever since.", Kathleen says. 

For over 25 years Kathleen has been making a living with her creations.














No comments:

Post a Comment