Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Pieces for a Visual Feast

I haven't participated in a show outside of Carolina Creations in many years. Just not enough hours in the day to even think about it. But I was able to do these two pieces for a show called "A Visual Feast" for the Arts Council show that is being held at the NC History Center, Tryon Palace.
Both these pieces are hand made white earthenware tiles.
The top one I framed so it could be hung at the show but you could take it out of the frame and install it as part of your backsplash. This piece is about 12 x 36"
Below you see my initial sketch.
And then the finished piece.
The fruit piece is made in four sections and wired together, its about 4 x 28 (about, I forgot to measure it before I sent it to the show).

- Jan Francoeur


No comments:

Post a Comment