Thursday, June 09, 2011

The Best Advice My Dad Ever Gave Me

In our June 2011 Newsletter we asked people to send us the best advice their Dad ever gave them to be entered in a drawing for a $40 gift certificate.

Here are a few of the tidbits we've been sent - I love them all.

First I'll start with my own Dads - The world does not owe you one thing. That has served me well and made me a hard worker my whole life.

Here are some others -

“Always put things away where they belong and you will always know where they are when you need them.”

“If you want to play a better game of tennis, find someone better than you to play with.”

If you think about it, he really was talking about more than tennis. Took me a few years to figure that out, but once it set in, the advice has served me well through the years.

Hakuna matata is a Swahili phrase that is literally translated as "There are no worries". It is sometimes translated as "no worries".

"Get a good education so you can get a good job in case you marry some sorry man you will be able to take care of yourself."  All three of us girls graduated  from college and  had successful careers.  After divorcing a "sorry man" I WAS able to take care of myself!!  I have thanked my Dad many times for his advice!!!


I'll add more as they come in!

No comments:

Post a Comment