Friday, September 25, 2009

Mayoral debate

Here I go politicking again, I can't help myself.

I just heard the Mayoral debate. Frank Kerr said many things that were just totally wrong.

If I was going to run for mayor I would darn well know about this!

He was complaining about money being spent on sidewalks downtown, and other infrastructure downtown and wondered why he didn't get a sidewalk in front of his house.

I don't know how many people know it but if you have property from the Trent River to Broad and the Neuse River to Hancock you pay city taxes, county taxes AND a Municipal Services District Tax which is 18 cents per $100 valuation. So we are triple taxed.

The money from the MSD Tax goes to pay for the new sidewalks, new sewers, parks, light poles, etc. We pay for all of improvements with this special tax. So, Mr Kerr, if you want better sidewalks etc. Why don't you get together with your neighbors and agree to a special assessment in the form of your OWN Municipal Services District, you too can be tripled taxed but it's well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment