Saturday, December 20, 2008

Here it is December 20

Boy have I been a slow blogger this month!

I've been in the gallery every day since Thanksgiving so haven't had much time to think about anything other than business.

We are really pleased with the reception our first year of "A Dickens of a Christmas" has gotten.

I thought I had photos of every one of our story boards but it seems I'm missing some. We'll pick them up from the merchants the week after christmas and get photos of them all and post them.

With all the downward pressure we have, Broad Street, the Bridge, the tanked economy, we are thrilled that we've been busy! Between being open extra hours, our website sales and phone sales we are only slightly behind 2007 which was a banner year for us.

We have friends with galleries in Boston, San Francisco, Denver and Houston that are all suffering with the economy. My family lives in Michigan and they are REALLY hurting with whats going on in the auto industry. No matter what your business is or what you do for a living, every single person in Michigan is affected by the auto industry, like it or not. So we're keeping our fingers crossed that things turn around for them soon.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank every one of our customers for their support and hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah.

No comments:

Post a Comment