We love our little town, it's beautiful, friendly, and it gets into your blood.
Here is a list I compiled today of things to do, there are many more....
1. Shop at Carolina Creations, 317 Pollock St. or the website.
2. Lots of other shopping and restaurants in our downtown.
3. Visit Tryon Palace.
4. New Bern Fireman's Museum.
5. Walk the Waterfront.
6. Listen to music at several places. My favorite is at the DoubleTree Jazz on the Deck in the summer months.
7. Go kayaking, I put in 100 feet from my house!
8. Hike the Croatan.
9. Visit the Battlefield Park.
10. Go to the Farmers Market on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
11. See the Canterbury Christmas Lights in December.
12. Go the the lighting of the New Bern Christmas tree in the round a bout to kick off the Christmas Season.
13. Participate in the Beary Merry Christmas in Downtown New Bern, Thanksgiving through Christmas.
14. Go to the Annual Sunday Jazz Showcase sponsored by the Craven Arts Council.
15. Annual Antique show to support historical preservation.
16. BBQ in Blue Jeans to raise funds for the Fireman's Museum.
17. Historic Home and Garden Tour I do the artwork for this each year!
18. Have fun at MumFest sponsored by Swiss Bear and the City of New Bern
19. The 2nd Friday of each month see what's new on the art scene 5-8 pm ArtWalk!
20. Carolina Chamber Music Festival.
21. Empty Bowl Project sponsored by the Craven Arts Council.
22. Annual Valentine Card Show and Sale sponsored by Carolina Creations.
23. Hear the NC Symphony in New Bern.
24. Boat Parade in December.
25. Christmas Parade
26. Cookie Walk at Christ Church
27. Kitchen Tour to benefit the Food Bank
28. Drive Through Nativity
29. Neuse River Bridge Run
30. Fourth of July Celebration
32. GhostWalk sponsored by New Bern Historical Society.
33. New Bern Civic Theatre
34. New Bern Academy Museum
35. Walking Tours
This is the short list!! Come visit.