Monday, February 15, 2016

What do travel and art have to do with one another

Part of this blog is about our travels -

You might ask what does that have to do with art and creating it - in my case a lot!

1 - When at home I get caught up in doing commissions, creating pottery that we sell every day and preparing prints for sale, doing the bookkeeping and the advertising.

2 - When we travel, just what we see along the side of the road, even if it's a forest, does something to my brain, miles of forest help erase all I have on my mind of the the things I HAVE to do.

3 We visit shops and galleries and see what other people are doing.

And it all inspires me.

Not long ago we visited Cedar Key, Florida. I've been intrigued by it since the 1960s reading John D MacDonald books about Travis McGee, who lived on a house boat there.

It reminded us of the Keys 45 years ago. Old Florida, didn't know there were places like that that still existed.

Driving out there we drove through 18 miles of forest before we got to the mangrove, then series of little keys, then the island.

Very funky, very neat.








Would not want to be here in a hurricane however!

Lots of fishing and raising oysters.


Driving out to the Key


Saw lots of birds and boats, will have to go back and stay a while!





No comments:

Post a Comment