Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Meet Barbara Burlingame mixed media artist

Barbara Burlingame has been creating colorful, whimisical art since the early eighties. She focuses her work on contemporary paintings and sculptures that incorporate paint, handmade papers and found objects.

As a child asthmatic, Barbara's limited mobility fueled her imagination to treetop level. "This was my favorite vantage point! I could see my surroundings from an aerial view and I mentally played at picturing landscapes, animals, and people interacting. Now I realize this childhood game experiment is the basis of my art."


Barbara's work reflects her surroundings not in a realistic way but, instead, with color, shapes and textures. Her interpretations encourage the active involvement of the viewer.

For more information or to purchase click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment