Sunday, January 18, 2009

Meet the artist Wild Women Jewelry by Kym Shevlin




I met Kym when she lived here in New Bern. She rented a house from friends of ours and had a gallery where she started making her Wild Women.

Kym talks about her work -

I have always collected things. Fabric that caught my eye, shiny copper wire, brightly colored beads, and bits of vintage jewelry filled my studio. I was sure that I could use them for some project down the road... and then there came the wonderful day that Wild Women were born from this seemingly useless collection of clutter.

I absolutely love bringing these pins to life and sharing them and their spirit with others! They help me keep in touch with my wild side, which as we all know, can sometimes be lost under piles of laundry and dirty dishes. I hope they can do the same for you!

These pins are hand crafted from copper, fabric, paper and other found objects. Each has her own personality and style depending on what fabric or trinkets decorate her and comes mounted on a
vibrant card which proclaims her to be one of the Wild Women!

You can purchase the pins online on our website or stop in to see the entire selection.

www.carolinacreations.com


We have Thelma & Louise, Little Angels, Little Women, Wild Mama, Soul Sisters, and others.



No comments:

Post a Comment