Saturday, February 23, 2008

New Work! New Artists! New Ideas!


We're just returned from shows in Philadelphia and Baltimore. We found some wonderful new work for the gallery - check our blog regularly to see what's come in.

We got home just in time to view the lunar eclipse! It was amazing. I kept thinking what must the ancient civilizations have thought when they saw this! Here is a photo I found on the NASA Website. It looked just like this from my porch in New Bern.
Another thing that happened at the show in Philadelphia - I was awarded the Martin Rishty Award from the Craft Retailers Association for Tomorrow! I am on the Board of this Organization, our mission is to promote American Craft, Craft Artists, and Galleries. Our group is made up of Gallery owners from across the country. I was totally suprised and honored by the Award.

My plans for this Blog, now that I'm back at it, is to post the new work that Michael and I are doing, post new work that is coming in to the gallery, tell you about shows we're having, talk about techniques and keep you up to date on what is going on in our Downtown.

- Jan Francoeur


No comments:

Post a Comment