Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Pansy Rings are Back

One of the things that Michael made that people loved were his pansy rings.

That is the main reason I decided to learn how to throw, so I could make them myself.

Right now that's about all I can make but I've been pleased that I was able to master them so quickly!!



Now I need to master bowls, I think that will take a while longer.

I doubt I'll ever be a real potter. Even though I've been doing pottery for 15+  years I really use clay as a canvas for my paintings. I've always made tiles and done hand building. So rather than say I'm a potter I would say I'm a tile maker, sculptor and hand builder.



The difference is what the focus is, is the the shape of the piece combined with the decoration, or is it mostly the decoration. For me it's been the decoration.

The thing I love about clay, is it can be used in so many ways, looking forward to having the time to do a lot of new work, using my own tiles to use in mosaics, doing more outdoor sculpture.

No comments:

Post a Comment