Monday, October 02, 2017

Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens Richmond Virginia

I intended to go to these gardens this summer on my way to Michigan but it was 100 degrees there and I missed my exit. I have a feeling that early October was a better time to go anyway, I would have melted in July.

One of the docents said the best time to visit is usually late May-early June or September, but because it was so hot this year early October was perfect.



We were surprised so many things were in bloom!









In one part of the conservatory they have a butterfly house during the warm weather, it closes October 15 and they ship any of there butterflies that are still alive to Arizona.






The butterfly in the center was the most unusual one we saw, if not the prettiest. It is called the Orange Dead Leaf because that is exactly what it looks like, a leaf!






Lots of orchids in bloom! Mine at home don't usually bloom this time of the year but I have 2 that are.






The have a nice childrens garden section.




And 3 or 4 places for weddings!


Here's a link to the website if you get a chance to visit, it's worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment