Monday, August 14, 2017

The journey continues

I reluctantly left my great hosts at their beautiful lakeside cabin. I had the most amazing time! I could not have chosen a more peaceful place and great hosts to spend my first weeks of semi retirement!


I headed north to one of my favorite childhood towns Harbor Springs to spend the night with a friend at her cottage on Harbor Point.

 What a place! No cars, there is a buggy taxi cab to deliver you to your cottage. It comes by the cottage every half hour.




The cottages on this point are beautiful and of course I like the flowers the best.






The cottage I stayed in had an amazing view of the Harbor from the back porch and Lake Michigan from the front porch.


More neighborhood flowers.






The season in Michigan is very sort so the flowers pretty much bloom all at once and they have to do it fast!






Stopped in Petoskey another favorite.


Lake Michigan


Then off to St Helens.

There we rode on trails through the woods and spotted over 20 deer and two large owls!








I'll soon be posting the small paintings I've been working on for my 2018 calendar.


No comments:

Post a Comment