Sunday, December 14, 2014

Spring Home and Garden Tour 2015 Art FINISHED!!


Sometimes it takes me a while to figure out how to paint a particular scene, I looked at this house for a couple months, waiting for leaves to fall, shot it from 15 different viewpoints, arrgh, just wasn't right, until I got some foreground into the picture then thought THATS IT!!

Then, oils or watercolors?

My friend Brenda Behr says if its about the building do it in watercolors, if its about the light, work in oils.

Well I started one in watercolor, wasn't happy, started one in oil, wasn't happy, then back to watercolor adding the foreground and it flowed.

I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

Prints available at Carolina Creations.

Only 3 more commissions to do for other people for Christmas!

Then I can think about my own Christmas gifts for people. It's the proverbial story about the cobblers kids. Same with Christmas cards. I often sit down to write them on Christmas Day. It's usually the first day between Thanksgiving and Christmas that I can sit down and relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment