Sunday, December 28, 2014

Be an artist

I remember when I was a junior in high school and went home and told my folks I wanted to be an artist and go to school for it. They said you need to get a REAL education.

I did go to a "real" college rather than an art school, like I wanted to, but majored in art. I've done more with my art than most of the people in my class, even though I wasn't the most talented one by far.

Making a living as an artist has been a rewarding experience. I couldn't do it without the support of my husband, Michael, and the ladies that help me at Carolina Creations who give me the time to do it.

I can't think of another career that would be more rewarding. Every day at Carolina Creations someone says, I love these paintings/pottery pieces, they bring me so much joy. Or they will say about Carolina Creations, I love coming in here, it makes me feel good!




No comments:

Post a Comment