Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Colorado Return Part 5 John Denver Sanctuary and Indepence Pass

Could not visit without driving up to the Maroon Bells and to Ashcroft.






They have created this peaceful sanctuary to honor John Denver in downtown Aspen across from the post office.

Large boulders with lyrics from his songs.

We had the privilege to spend quite a bit of time with him, Michael worked for him at Windstar. He was a very nice and genuine man.











We headed back to Denver over Independence Pass and stopped at the Grottos.



Deb and I decided we were too old to climb down into the grottos so here are a couple photos of it I found on the web.



Back to my photos....













It was beautiful and scary enough to make you catch your breath. Yes I think I could take the RV over it when I drive it out there sometime!

Leadville hasn't changed much, they have 10 months of winter and 2 months of fall at their elevation. Would not want to live there!






No comments:

Post a Comment