Thursday, February 04, 2016

Button Bouquets How Clever is that

Just in time for Valentine's Day we have the perfect, long lasting, bouquet for your honey!

Hand crafted in North Carolina by Celia


The Button Florist creates a unique alternative to traditional flowers. Handmade ceramic buttons are pressed and formed using a collection of found objects. 

Celia uses everything from peach pits to vintage glass light fixtures to add one of a kind textures and designs to her ceramic buttons. 

The buttons are simply and creatively twisted onto wire stems to build whimsical arrangements that will last a lifetime.


 the button florist

 celia the button florist

 button bouquets



Celia talks about herself - My name is Celia Barbieri, and I am The Button Florist – 1 part hippie: 1 part mad scientist: 1 part world traveler: Shake together vigorously and serve!
I create unique alternatives to traditional flowers, using a mixture of up-cycled and vintage buttons, handmade ceramic buttons, and recycled sweater felt. I create flowers to commemorate special occasions such as weddings and anniversaries, but also to brighten up a room everyday!
I suppose my love for both nature and art is apparent in all my creations. I have always loved small trinkets and such. As a child I constantly picked up little treasures that I would find, from seashells on the beach, to things that other people considered trash. I’ve always had dozens of ‘collections’ as a child, as I still do now. I began making button flowers over 10 years ago and continue to evolve and expand different aspects of my business. Since then, I have branched out into new types of button flowers using ceramics and felt. This is my dream job come true!

Contact us for a special order! info@carolinacreations.com.





No comments:

Post a Comment