Friday, November 07, 2014

New Bern Calendar 2015

For the past 6 years I've created a desk calendar featuring New Bern paintings I've done through the year. I include a little bit of the history of the scene I paint.

While I don't just paint New Bern, doing this calendar encourages me to do at least 12 paintings a year of our beautiful town.


This coming years calendar includes my 2014 Christmas Card of City Hall in the snow, the Farmer's Market, parts of a large Commission I am doing for the convention center, Tryon Palace, The History Center, Persimmons Restaurant and Union Point.

In the first five years we lived here I did ink drawings which I hand colored, of all the churches in our Downtown. Over the past couple of years I have been redoing all of them in watercolor. This year I did the Broad Street Christian Church and the Riverside Methodist Church.

There is a sunrise painting of the Neuse River Bridge, a painting of the New Bern Civic Theater I did for them for a fund raising campaign to restore the building and each year I do a painting of the signature house on the Spring Home and Garden Tour. For 2014 that was the James Bryan House on Pollock Street.

And the last painting included in the coming years calendar is part of a painting I did for Sound Bank of the New Bern skyline from Bridgeton.







No comments:

Post a Comment