Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Quote for the Day and what I am up to

 “It is an inescapable part of the human condition that we live our lives on the knife edge of the present, forever trapped between an unchangeable past and an unknowable future.” –John Steele Gordon

We never know what tomorrow will bring.

One thing I love about creating art is that it takes me away to a beautiful place - a wonderful distraction when dealing with issues (health) in our day to day lives.

I am so excited and anxious to get the time to do some art work, right now I'm bogged down in paperwork but think i just need to set it aside for the moment. I've got a list of things I want to paint for a show i have coming up in September at Carolina Creations and I've been chomping at the bit to get back to doing some sculpture. A recent visit with my friend Steve Fabrico just fueled that fire but it will have to wait until I get a few paintings under my belt.

I often take photos that inspire my work. And all who know my know I love to paint architecture and flowers.

Here are several in my 'to paint' file. While I admire those that paint en plein air, it's hard for me to carve out big enough blocks of time to do that so most of my work is done in my studio.









No comments:

Post a Comment