Saturday, February 07, 2015

The Rumors of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

A customer was in today and said "I don't think Jan is here anymore".

Well yes and no.

We've been dealing with some family health issues the past couple of years and it IS true, I haven't been around much. That doesn't mean I'm not still totally involved in pretty much everything that goes on at Carolina Creations.

I still do most of the buying, all the advertising, newsletter, bookkeeping, and trying to dream up new things for Carolina Creations in addition to doing new paintings, tons of pottery and lots of commissions.

I'm not at the cash register much any more, instead drift in and drift out as things come up that I need to do. We have wonderful ladies that keep things going and do a great job of working on the displays, taking care of business and seeing that things are just right with each and every customer.

As we start thinking about how we can celebrate our 25 years in business, I keep thinking "we've been doing this for 25 years!" and through the years things change.

So this is our latest change, I'm still around, just in the background a little more than I used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment