Sunday, April 27, 2014

31 Days of Thanks Day 28 Working in Series

31 Days of Thanks Day 28 Working in Series

When we lived in Colorado I met Darlene Wilson, who painted dogs. She's the one that really got me started working in a series. It is wonderful for many reasons. You get an idea and one leads to the next. Also because I do prints of many of my paintings our customers will keep adding to their series!

Once we arrived in New Bern the logical thing to start a series of was our beautiful waterfront since architecture is my favorite thing to paint.

http://www.carolinacreationsnewbern.com/NewFiles/Union-Point-New-Bern-NC.php



Around New Bern was the first in my "Around" series.
And Around New Bern Too was the second
Around Jones County
Which lead the Jones County Historical Society to ask me to do an Around Jones County.
http://www.carolinacreationsnewbern.com/NewFiles/Around-Camp-Sea-Gull-and-Camp-Seafarer.php
I have done a lot of work for Camp Sea Gull and Camp Seafarer through the years so though I'd do Around Camp. This one took me about a year to figure out. I kept looking at the buildings, then one day it dawned on me that Camp isn't about the buildings its about the people and activities. Once I got that in my mind I was able to do it.


Other series I've done are my train series, herb tiles, New Bern ornaments and door paintings.

We've already talked about the lighthouse series, that one was a natural since we have 7 working lighthouses - so it consists of 7 pieces.


I talk about one piece leading to the next, the thing is I NEVER run out of ideas of things to paint, I only run out of time.

- Jan Francoeur


No comments:

Post a Comment