Friday, June 08, 2012

Sally Anger Oyster Point on the Neusiok Trail in Eastern North Carolina

Situated on the Intercoastal Waterway the 21-mile Neusiok Trail meanders through cypress swamps, loblolly pines and vast bogs of thick vegetation.

Sally talks about the inspiration for this painting. "I run or walk a section of the lovely Neusiok trail in the Croatan National Forest almost every day with my dog Theo.

Right now the Oyster Point section of the trail is especially beautiful. They did a controlled burn there earlier this year and everything was black. Now spring is taking over and beautiful green ferns are growing up out the dark black ground. Very striking. And now the marsh grasses are appearing purple! Just breathtakingly beautiful... I'm trying to capture a glimpse of it in a few paintings I'm working on. I hope I can convey some part of the beauty that's there..."

The size is 12 x 36", oil, on gallery wrapped canvas. To purchase click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment