Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Jan Francoeur making a living with my art

I always hate having my photo taken, like many people, but was pleased with this one that was in the March-April 2012 issue of Artsee Magazine. This is a fairly new magazine "for people that create, support and love art." The photographer is Donn Young.

I've been blessed with being able to make a living from my art since the early 70's. Even before we had a gallery I did the art show circuit around Michigan, Ohio, Colorado, Utah, and Florida. Worked in the art department of a commercial printer, did free lance work for ad agencies, did and still do occasionally architectural illustrations and worked in the art department of "The Aspen Times." 

Since moving to New Bern in 1989 we have owned a gallery, Carolina Creations. In addition to paintings Michael and I have also been making pottery for the past 10 years.

It has been a pleasure and we are grateful for all our customers and collectors.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment